Who is this Urban Myer guy?

Monday, December 28, 2009

Over the weekend Florida's head football coach, Urban Meyer, announced he would step down from his duties, citing health concerns as the reason. Needless to say, the announcement shook the college football world. The head coach of the defending national champions, just about a week before his team was to play in the Sugar Bowl had said he was through coaching (he later turned around and said he would just take an indefinite leave of absence instead).

I provided my thoughts on the situation on Examiner the following day and as expected it was a very good day for me in terms of web traffic coming my way. With Examiner I get my detailed statistics the following day in my e-mail box. I try to keep up with as much as possible so I can see where my readers are coming from and what they are reading. It is invaluable information that every web writer should pay close attention too. It can also be somewhat humorous.

For instance, take a look at my top ten referrers for December 27, 2009 (the day after Meyer resigned)...

Click image to view larger

If you don't know what you are looking at this information may look confusing to you, so allow me to break it down for you. The above list is the ten outlets that sent me the most traffic on Sunday. Most, if not all, have come through Google searches. Below is a simplified listing of the Google searches that sent people my way.
  1. urban myer
  2. urban myer
  3. Urban Meyer
  4. urban meyer
  5. urban meyer
  6. urban myer
  7. urban myer
  8. urban meyers
  9. urban meyer
  10. urban myer
Notice anything?

Only four of the top ten Google searches that came my way had the name of the coach spelled correctly! And only one used proper capitalization. I don't know who Urban Myer or Urban Meyers is but if you want to talk about Urban Myer I am all yours!

Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP