Gee Wiz! Sixers can't beat anybody!

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My good Twitter buddy Lou Williams is back on the court. Getty Images

Arenas and Wizards subdue Sixers - Kate Fagan, Philadelphia Inquirer
Road block: Sixers open trip with loss to Wizards - Dei Lynam, CSNPhilly.com
Williams doesn't start game, does start second half - Bob Cooney, Sixerville (Philly.com)

Remember when the Sixers beat the Boston Celtics over the weekend? I sure wish I had posted something about that game because it seems like all I ever really do here is post links and photos and thoughts from another loss in Philadelphia. I kick myself for not having posted anything about the Villanova FCS championship or the Penn State women's volleyball team or even the Eagles' victory on Sunday. the moment has passed.

I try not to sound spoiled as a Philadelphia sports fan because it just is not in the chemical balance of a Philadelphia sports fan to act that way. When the Phillies won the World Series last year I promised myself I would not carried away with wins and losses in the regular season no matter the sport. I feel like I am doing a good job of that right now.

With the Flyers among the NHL's cellar dwellers and the Sixers now 7-21 I am starting to wonder how much more losing is going to happen in this city before spring training opens up down in Clearwater. And by the looks of Philly.com's sports page I am not the only one. Hang in there Philly sports fan. Roy Halladay is a Phillie and the Eagles are heading back to the playoffs, possibly as NFC East division champions.

As for the winter teams? It can't get much worse, can it?

Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP