Linus & Lucy

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Who doesn't know and love the "Linus and Lucy Theme"? It is a piano classic and should be in every jazz pianist's repertoire. To many the song is associated with Christmas, as it should be. the song was made famous with the release of the original Peanuts Christmas special...



However I will always associate the song first and foremost with the classic Halloween special. "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" opens with the Van Pelt siblings bringing home a gigantic pumpkin, which Lucy ultimately scars brother Linus with by "killing it." the song played of course is the "Linus and Lucy Theme".



The entire opening is classic and to me is on par with any spot in the original Christmas special. But growing up I watched a VHS that was full of Peanuts cartoons and I would watch them at any time of the year. I have watched the Halloween special countless times and have grown to associate the "Linus and Lucy Theme" with this scene in the Halloween special.

I know I am in the minority when it comes to linking the song to Halloween, and I am fine with it. Which holiday do you associate the song with? I imagine the answer is Christmas.

Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP