Univest Grand Prix 2008 Notes

Friday, September 05, 2008

The big bike race is scheduled to take place in Souderton on Saturday and I admit I am excited for it. Two years ago I watched the Univest Grand Prix in person and it was fun! Stef and I walked around the part of the course where the loops are done at the end of the race and it is a fair like atmosphere surrounding the course.

It was different and it was exciting. The race is 100 miles and features 125 bike riders from 27 teams from the USA, Canada, Mexico, Belgium, Germany and more. I don't know much about bike racing (or anything really) but watching the riders climb up the hill to get to the finish line is interesting.

I didn't get to check it out last year because Penn State was playing some no-name cupcake school from Indiana and we had tickets. Needless to say the game took preference over the bike race. Penn State won as well.

But I have been looking forward to the race on Saturday (and Penn State doesn't play until 3:30pm so there is plenty of time to head into town and check out the race - weather pending).

View Interactive Map on MapMyRide.com

I'll give you an idea of how it was later.

[Tour de France Contender Garmin Chipotle Leads Top International Field in Univest Grand Prix 2008] - press release
[2008 Univest Grand Prix Teams List] - press release
[Course Map] - press release
[Road Closure Notices] - Souderton Independent

Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP