Redemption

Monday, September 29, 2008

Perhaps the radio gods were with me this morning. I was listening to the 610 WIP morning show with Angelo Cataldi and they were giving away National League East Division championship hats and shirts to people that called in with stories of where they were when the Phillies clinched the division last Saturday.

I called in and told him about how I watched the final inning in a crammed bar area around a 19 inch tv with 300 guys from three different wedding receptions. Sure, they blasted Kevin and Kristin for having their wedding on that day but they applauded Kristin for her wedding gift to Kevin.

They liked my story enough to award me their last hat! So thank you to Kevin and Kristin for giving me such a great story and a memorable day!

Perhaps this makes up for my attempt to play with Weezer recently. Ironically, that Weezer concert was Saturday night. You win some, you lose some.

As for my Phillies, they are indeed the 2008 National League East Division Champions! The Mets lost and the Brewers won so that means the Phillies will play the Brewers in the NLDS. The first round starts Wednesday. More on the NLDS later.

Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP