Football pool gives me a good lickin'

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My performance is dipping as the season continues

Much like Ohio State gave Penn State a good lickin', according to Joe Paterno, the Onexia Football Pool crushed me this week. I scored a pool-wide season low 39 points. My down fall? Riding the hot hand of the Philadelphia Eagles after last week's dismantling of the New York Giants, thinking the Giants could rebound at home in a big game, and looking past the Tennessee Titans.

In those three games I placed 35 points on the wrong team. Picking those games would not have handed me a win but it would have helped me greatly in the season long competition with my dad who would have finished with with 69 points if the Eagles, Giants and 49ers had won.

Oh well. Here is an updated look at my points vs. those of my dad.

My points for the season in blue. My dad is in orange, and pulling away.

To top off the awesome sports week I had I also said good-bye t the NFL Suicide pool I have been in. Leave it to me to think the Green Bay Packers would rebound form a tough loss against a Tampa Bay team who was still looking for their first win. In retrospect it was unwise to pick against Tampa Bay for the fourth or fifth time this year. Of course they were due for a win. And I did not realize the game was in Tampa. I try to avoid picking road teams in suicide pools.

On the bright side, my fantasy team kicked butt this week, defeating the Phrontiersmen in the process. Tough match-up this weekend as I take on a first place team from the Eagles Blogger Division, Team Vicktorino. I remain two games out of first in the Phillies Blogger Division.

Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP