6ABC's Dave Roberts to retire

Thursday, November 19, 2009


Another familiar face from my youth growing up is officially retiring. Dave Roberts, long time weather man on 6 ABC in Philadelphia is retiring.








Roberts was one of the faces you could trust in Philadelphia and together with Jim Gardner was part of my favorite news team in the region. His final broadcast will be on December 11.He will broadcast his 31st and final Thanksgiving Parade next Thursday as well.

I know that everyone will have different memories of Roberts, but I will always remember him and the old weather map, with the magnetic clouds and and graphics. Before watching the segment above I was unaware of some of the history of Roberts' career. AM Philadelphia was before my time so I found this to be particularly interesting.








There will be more Roberts tributes coming from 6 ABC leading up to the final broadcast for Roberts, and I'll be sure to watch them and share them when I can.

Thank you Dave for coming into our homes for as long as I can remember. The AccuWeather five day forecast will not be the same without you!

6ABC - Dave Roberts to Retire
6ABC InterAction - Send your comments to Dave Roberts
Philadelphia Inquirer (Michael Klein) - Roberts sets a last forecast
KYW 1060 - Phila. Weatherman Calls it Quits After 56 Years

Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP