Football Pool Recapping Week Three

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Week three of the NFL season is in the books and so to is another week of the football pool. Points for players in the pool mostly went up this week, aided by a Dallas Cowboys victory last night in the Monday night game.

As you can see from the chart above, my points went up from last week, but so did my dad's at the winner for this week. For the first time that I can remember everybody picked the Houston Texans to win against the Jacksonville Jaguars. I tend to put too much stock in Matt Schaub since he went to my high school and graduated a year before me, but I only put five points on them this week, and I do not wish to tell you how close I was to picking the Jaguars in that game.

Thisclose.

My biggest downfall, like many of my competitors, was laying 15 points on the Pittsburgh Steelers against the Cincinnati Bengals. Evan my dad, who has become somewhat of a Steelers loyalist in recent years, only put six points on the defending Super Bowl champions, who blew a fourth quarter lead.

And perhaps I am going to have to start taking the New York Jets more seriously, even though they are lead by a freshman quarterback who torched Penn State in the Rose Bowl. I put eight points on the Tennessee Titans, lead by Kerry Collins and the team who also had the best record in the NFL a year ago, but that game did not turn out well for me at all.

A frustrating week once again for me, as I lose even more ground in the overall points race to my dad. I now trail by 22 points, which at this point in the season is not impossible to rebound from. Clearly I am doing something wrong with my points selection because if this were just a matter of picking the winners with no confidence points, I would actually be winning.

Through three weeks I have a game record of 32-16 while my dad is 31-17. The best record is 34-14, shared by six people.

In the overall rankings I am currently sitting at #14, 47 points out of first place and 21 points behind my dad.

On a related note, these blog entries have inspired a fellow football pool player to create his own site. Al, who is a three time champion of the pool and one of the more outspoken ones on the message board, has decided to join me in tracking his progress and compare it against...my dad. For a humorous look at the pool, check out Al vs. Kevin's Dad.

Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP