Final Football Pool post; Dad wins again

Friday, January 08, 2010

With the conclusion of the NFL's regular season it is time to take one final look at my performance in the football pool in my dad's office pool. Needless to say it was a rough season for me.
After winning the football pool in week 15 I took a slide to end the season. Much to my dismay my dad's weekly total went up each of those weeks, giving his lead on me one final push at the end of the season. When all was said and done my dad outscored me on the season by 67 points. In the bar graph on the right my dad's point total is represented by the orange bar and my points are represented by the blue bar.

So I have my work cut out for me in the future. If I am included in the pool next year I will have to spend some more time planning out my point allotment on a weekly basis.

I clearly have relied too much on the defending champion Pittsburgh Steelers early on in the season and tended to give too many points to Matt Schaub at the Houston Texans. I think I did a little better with laying points on the Philadelphia Eagles though. In recent years I would tend to lay too many points on the Eagles, letting my fandom get in the way.

I was amazed at how much the New York Giants let me down this season, but I suppose that Giants fans feel the same way in general.

Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP