Some Things are Just So Weird They Can be Cool

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Or not but this is my blog and I get to make the executive decision as to what is cool and can be posted here so there! I don't even remember what I was looking at originally that made this come up as a related video but I had no choice but to check it out.



As I have pointed out before, I have always loved the Mega Man games on the old Nintendo Entertainment System, although I have only ever owned one game in the series, Mega Man II. I never did finish up my Mega Man II Tribute Week so perhaps after the Phillies end their post season one way or another I'll get back to doing a Mega Man III Tribute Week or something. The game play is always fantastic and the music is top notch in all of it's 8-bit glory.

Whoever made this video used some kind of software to transform the actual sounds of the game into some kind of voice synthesizer. But not just the music but all of the sound effects (I do mean ALL of them). To get a sense of just how well it was done watch this next two videos of the main title screen and its music and then a walk through of the same level of the game and notice the similarities between the music and the sound effects in both videos.




Very weird. For reference purposes, the level demonstrated in the videos was the Snake Man stage. Some say you can start the game with that boss, but we all know you should start with Magnet Man, then Hard Man, then Top Man, then Shadow Man, then Spark Man, then Snake Man, then Gemini Man, and then Needle Man.

Duh.

Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP