One Last Post

Wednesday, October 29, 2008


Now that I have spread the love to Penn State and Matt Schaub, the time has come to re-focus my energy on the Phillies. This will be my last post of the day.

Tonight could be a night to remember for the rest of my life. My favorite baseball team is close to winning a World Series. Game five will resume tonight at 8:37pm, picking up where we last left off, at the start of the bottom of the sixth inning. Cole Hamels is due up but will be taken out of the game in place of a pinch hitter. I don't know who will pitch for the Phillies in the top of the seventh, but if they can score a run or two in the bottom of the sixth then I would expect to see J.C. Romero or Ryan Madson or a combination of the two.


I feel cautiously optimistic about tonight. I do believe the Phillies will come out hitting and retake control of the game. Any momentum Tampa Bay may have picked up as the game was suspended was halted at the same time. The Phillies bullpen has performed better than the Rays bullpen in this World Series. The Phillies have yet to lose a playoff game at home this year. They want to finish it off at home in front of their fans.

Let's do it tonight guys. Get the pots and pans ready. Leave the cowbell at the door. Maybe I'll break out the trombone.

Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP