Tweetdeck 0.33 released, Not playing well with Mac

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

I can't tell you much about it.

My favorite Twitter client software, Tweetdeck, saw what looks like a fantastic update released this week with version 0.33. The latest version adds better column and account management and adds better preview functionality to support Flickr and YouTube. Perhaps the best improvement is the limit on API calls from 150 (which, for me, ran dry pretty quickly during football or baseball games) to a whopping 350 calls per hour. That is a thing of beauty.

Needless to say I was anxious to dip my toes in the new waters, but for some reason or another the new Tweetdeck and my up to date MacBook Pro do not want to play nicely. How could this be? I thought things were easier with a Mac? This is the error message I receive...

After submitting a support ticket to the Tweetdeck folks and posting a message on their support forum in response to a similar problem, I took some measures that have worked for me in the past. I removed Tweetdeck entirely from my system as well as Adobe Air, restarted the computer and tried installing again. This time it did not work for me.

If anyone out there is experiencing a similar problem or has been able to get 0.33 to work please leave a message below in the comments section. As soon as I get this problem resolved I will update this post so that it may help others in a similar situation.

My support ticket
Tweetdeck - 0.33 features

UPDATE: 2.10.2010 (9:48 AM) - After receiving a response from Tweetdeck support (view the comments below) I was able to get the latest version up and running. For help on how to resolve the problem, read these tips.

Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP