Election Day

Tuesday, November 04, 2008


I don't know what will be in store for today as far as blogging, but I'm going to start this open thread for Election Day just in case. I plan on watching election day coverage on all of the major news sources and Fox News today so if anything catches my eye I will be updating this post throughout the day.

As for the candidates you probably know that I will be voting for Barack Obama, representing the Democratic party, over the Republican candidate John McCain. While I feel there are a number of reasons that the Obama-Biden ticket is the smarter choice over the McCain-Palin ticket I urge you to get out sometime today and vote for whichever candidate best represents your ideals.

It is painfully obvious that the Obama campaign has run a much cleaner and respectful campaign than the McCain campaign but if you need one more reason to vote for Obama, here it is.

Asked last night in a taped interview during ESPN's Monday Night Football what he would change in sports, Obama declared he would have a playoff in college football to determine the national champion. Perhaps that is a safe answer to try and get some undecided voters from Pennsylvania (Penn State is #3 in BCS after Texas Tech jumped them) and Florida (#4 in the BCS from the almighty SEC). From ESPN [link];
I think it is about time that we had playoffs in college football. You know, I am fed up with these computer rankings, and this and that and the other. Get eight teams. The top eight teams right at the end. You've got a playoff. Decide on a national champion.

I have been in favor of a playoff system of some sort, although I would have 16 teams in my ideal playoff but that is another story for another time.

Get out and vote today and prepare to watch election coverage all night long. Caitlin posted the election coverage starting times on Me on TV yesterday, so be sure to check that out as well.


Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP