Top 5 Best/Worst Sonic Games

Thursday, March 06, 2008

In preparation for the upcoming release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl let us take a trip down memory lane for one of the characters in the game, Sonic the Hedgehog.

As a Nintendo player growing up I took allegiance to Mario and detested Sonic and everything he stood for. My first encounter with Sonic was Thanksgiving of the year the Sega Genesis came out. My family went over to Aunt Helen and Uncle Vaughn's place, where my cousin Lee had brought and hooked up his Genesis so we could all watch him play Sonic, gloat about how good he is, and marvel at the 16 bits of fury and "blast processing" Sonic would demonstrate for us. Now my cousin was one I looked up to when it came to video games. He practically taught me everything he knew about Nintendo back in the day. So I was somewhat miffed when he started praising Sonic as the best and deemed him superior to my beloved Mario.

I was shown how Sonic needs to find air bubbles when under water...












I was shown how fast Sonic can run and I was shown the different bosses...








































Still though, I stayed true to the plumber and eventually bought a Super Nintendo. Since then the feud between Mario and Sonic has died down. Never mind the fact that Sega eventually lost out in the hardware race, Sonic now graces the consoles by Nintendo and of course now acts as a co-star with Mario in video games. Hell must have frozen over.


The following video comes from GameTrailers.com. In it they take a look at the five best (and five worst) Sonic games of all time. Enjoy.


Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP