NCAA Pool Update

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

So now we have two rounds in the books and the Sweet 16 is set. As for the basketball pool, I am feeling pretty good as we head into this round, but that good feeling does come with a good amount of nervousness.

Here are the standings so far;

Matt has the overall lead but has some trouble to overcome with Georgetown falling to Davidson (Matt has Georgetown in the championship game). I can get ahead of everybody in the battle for the top spot if North Carolina beats Tennessee in the next round (assuming they both win; Louisville beating Tennessee helps me even more!) as Matt, Jon, Jill and Dave all picked the Volunteers while I picked the Tar Heels.

Dave, last year's champion, has dropped to a tie for fourth place. Paul is clearly in the worst shape with only 73 possible points remaining. His downfall? His blind faith in his beloved Duke (picked to win it all of course). The fact that he only has one team remaining in his Final Four has to hurt this early (Georgetown, Duke, and Kentucky), a pain I had last year. Sorry Paul. Thanks for playing!

Mike and Paul Hartman failed to fill out their brackets. What happened there guys?

How am I doing? I only have eleven teams left in the Sweet 16 with my East region being the only one with each Sweet 16 team correctly picked. Davidson ruined my Midwest region, while the right side of my bracket is a mess with no Duke, UConn, Pitt or my under the radar squad Oregon.

Final Four: North Carolina, UCLA, Kansas, Stanford

Nationally I am in the 86 percentile which isn't terrible, but not great by any means.

Predicted and adjusted picks to come Thursday before the games start up again!

Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP