Big East Tournament

Thursday, March 13, 2008


I'm a Villanova fan. Actually I'm a fan of all of the Philadelphia schools but I probably root for Villanova with the most enthusiasm. I also hate Syracuse. I mean I HATE them! Some people hate Duke, but I hate Syracuse. I think I got it from my dad.

So with yesterday's opening game in the Big East tournament between Syracuse and Villanova I was naturally elated with the outcome. If nothing else it likely slams the door on any talk about Syracuse making the tournament on Sunday. Of course, ESPN is all over the story, as they seem to be every year with the Orangemen. Thankfully now our Jim Boeheim interviews will be kept to a minimum.

Nova takes on #1 seed Georgetown this afternoon. Nova plays G'Town tough every time so I would expect to see another close game, especially since the Hoyas rarely blow anyone out. I think The Hoyas win the game, but Villanova is very capable of winning. If Villanova wins today, they are in the tournament for sure.

Heck I think right now they are in, assuming some upsets don't occur in the other conference tournaments.

Speaking of which, young Penn State starts their Big Ten tournament run today against Illinois. I would take the Nittany Lions in this one. GO! STATE! BEAT! ILLINI!

Penn State's only chance at making the tournament is by going on a miracle run through the Big Ten tournament and winning it all.

That's not going to happen. Although at 15-15 they might be thinking of some post season tournament. After all you can't spell Nittany Lions without N-I-T, right?

Is it just me or does the Big Ten tournament logo look like it should an Olympic logo?

Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP