The Bourne Ultimatum

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I went to see The Bourne Ultimatum over the weekend and I left the theater confident that I spent my money well. The popcorn was just right with it's perfect portion of butter and the medium Barq's Root Beer wasn't watered down or too syrupy.

The move wasn't half bad either!

I note that I have not read the books so I can not compare the movies to the books. I am a big fan of the first installment, The Bourne Identity, and I like The Bourne Suprmeacy. Unfortunately though I forgot how the second movie ended and I made the mistake of not refreshing my memory by watching the first two movies again before seeing the third. Ultimatum, I believe, picks up literally right where the second movie ends, so if you have not seen the second movie, watch it first.

The story of Jason Bourne finally comes full circle as he remembers everything that has been missing in his memory the past few years. He once again finds a way to to out maneuver the C.I.A. as they race to sources of leaked information and a press reporter publishing the vital information. Matt Damon plays the super-hero agent role well, a completely different pace than he had in Ocean's Thirteen earlier this summer. Julia Stiles returns to the plot to fill in a couple holes that Damon couldn't solve himself, although I like Stiles better with long hair, but maybe that's just me.

Joan Allen is back to continue her role as the CIA agent who is attempting to track down Bourne, but she eventually becomes an ally of Bourne in an attempt to justify moral supremacy over Noah Vosen, played by David Strathairn, who is leading a the CIA in covering up the leaks that could harm the CIA and the rest of the government.

Strathairn plays his role brilliantly I think, but that should be expected. Strathairn always seems to play a great role in whatever movie he is in. He is perhaps one of the most underrated actors out there. He has been in some of my favorite movies, such as Fracture, We Are Marshall, and of course A League of Their Own.

I recommend you see this movie, but highly recommend that you watch Identity and Supremacy before Ultimatum.

Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP