My Favorite Super Bowl Comercials

Monday, February 04, 2008

Here are my favorite commercials from Super Bowl XLII, mostly in order of appearance. You can check out all of the Super Bowl commercials on MySpaceTV.


Who amongst us hasn't been guilty of nodding off and having their head bob back up alertly after dozing off for a second or two? I was a huge fan of the old Roxbury guys skits on Saturday Night Live. I loved this commercial even before seeing Chris Kattan make his appearance at the end.

Joe Buck though, should never dance again. Ever. Never ever. Period.

At first I thought this was reminiscent of the old WAZZUP videos. This next video comes with a disclaimer...


DISCLAIMER: You could put Rocky music to a video of a guy organizing papers and I would enjoy it.


I have seen these T-Mobile commercials with Dwayne Wade and Charles Barkley for a while now and I wondered if Wade would ever make it into Barkley's Top Five. I like Charles. He's funny and he speaks his mind without reservation.

I like Shaq. He's funny and speaks his mind without reservation. That poor horse.


I'm a sucker for these Pixar movies so it should come as no surprise that I can not wait for Wall E. This commercial is Wall E at his purest, from my early take on the little robot who just wants to help and make friends. Throw in Woody and Buzz and this was easily the best commercial for a movie during the Super Bowl.


And finally I come to my favorite commercial of the entire Super Bowl. Whoever wrote this commercial and put it together is a genius in so many ways. This commercial found a way to demonstrate to the viewer that their product is two great traditional themes that are sought after in advertising;
  1. Worth fighting over to get the last one
  2. As timeless as some icons in history
I could watch this commercial over and over again and still get a huge grin on my face. I admit that I did see where it was going as the commercial played out, but the winner in the end was a surprise to me, but there could not have been any greater choice. Behold.



The sad thing is that this commercial will not receive the respect it deserves. Many Coca-Cola commercials get overshadowed by the Bud Lite's and the Pepsi's of the market, but no commercial had as much thought go into it as this one I am sure. The genius of this commercial will go over the heads of so many people it is not even funny. If you know anything about Charlie Brown then you know that he is the last person in the world who should win the battle for the Coke bottle.

But you have to feel good for good old Charlie Brown, huh? This one's for you Chuck!

Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP