Friday Five - Trekkie Edition

Friday, May 08, 2009


The new Star Trek movie is out and Star Trek fans all over are rejoicing. Personally I have always liked Star Wars far more than I did Star Trek, but that's a nerd debate that I am not qualified to debate in depth.

However, I am a moderate fan of Star Trek: The Next Generation and the movies in the Trek series. As such I am interested to see the latest movie, although I have a fear that it will be largely trying to impress me with impressive visuals.

Since I dedicated last week's Friday Five to Wolverine, which I never reviewed here on the site so look for it next week (timely, I know), I decided it was a simple decision to dedicate this week's feature to the Star Trek prequel.

  1. Star Trek vs. Star Wars


  2. The ultimate Star Trek bachelor's pad - Uhh, my guess is that with a "bachelor's pad" like this he will remain a bachelor for a long time.

  3. The Trouble with Tribbles - Part 1


    Watch the full episode here.

  4. Star Trek Did You Know...That William Riker and Deanna Troi is based upon Decker and Ilia from "Star Trek: The Motion Picture"...That "Star Trek: The Next Generation" has made over $500,000,000 in syndication and merchandising..The original Wright plane was named.....BIRD OF PREY!

  5. Top Ten Star Trek Technobabbles, by none other than the Angry Video Game Nerd (so it may not be safe for work due to language)

And a special bonus link from the archives of the Angry Video Game Nerd; A look at an assortment of Star Trek video games.

So there you have it. Anybody planning on seeing the movie this weekend? Or has anyone already seen it? What are your thoughts?

Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP