The Story Behind Batman's Voice

Monday, August 04, 2008

Odds are pretty good that you have seen the latest Batman movie, The Dark Knight. If you haven't, then YOU'RE THE ONE!

I'll be honest when I say that I did not notice much of a difference in the actual voice of Batman when compared to the previous movie, Batman Begins. Much has been made about how the voice is dark, creepy, and rough. So much has been made of it that some feel that it is too much and kind of stupid. Not me however. I feel that Batman is supposed to scare you and he is supposed to instill fear in his nemesis. That voice is perfect for the Batman that I believe this new series of movies is attempting to portray. As long as he is not trying to use his Batman credit card a la Batman and Robin.

After reading this article from CNN I learned that the voice was indeed modified electronically. To Christian Bale's credit though, most of the voice is his own.

Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP