MAKE IT STOP!

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Fox Still Thinks It Can Dance

I hate most reality TV, especially the clones of existing reality TV shows. I realize I may be somewhat hypocritical as I am a big fan of Hell's Kitchen, but it's my blog and I can say what I want to say!

While I am at it, what the heck did Juan Samuel do to deserve the honor of being added to the Phillies Wall of Fame? When you think of the all time Phillies greats does Samuel rank in your top ten? Top 25??? Top 50????? He may be a nice guy, but he is no Michael Jack Scmidt, Steve Carlton, Richie Ashburn, or even Gary Mathews...is he?

Juan Samuel Statistics - Baseball Reference.com


Oh, 100 RBI in 1987. Seventy-two stolen bases in 1984 (down hill from there). Surely there are names that deserve the honor ahead of Samuel. If Samuel is going in I would have to assume that Darren Daulton is on deck for the Phillies Wall of Fame, no? Heck, this guy won more Gold Gloves (1), as many Silver Sluggers (1), and won a homerun derby and he's not on the Wall yet*!


Is it too early to start the Ricky Ledée for Phillies Wall of Fame club yet?



*Never mind the fact that Bobby Abreu is an active player in baseball...for the Yankees. But if Samuel makes the Wall, Bobby A should be a lock to be added in the future.

Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP