Death to the Monte Cristo? Say it Ain't So!

Friday, August 01, 2008

Today I received my almost weekly e-mail from one of my favorite restaurants, Bennigan's. Here is what it said;

"Bennigan's Montgomeryville (note: my closest location) is open for business as usual. The recent news does not affect us as we are independently owned and operated."


Recent news? What recent news did I miss? Could it be that Bennigan's, home of the great Monte Cristo and Turkey O'Toole (favorites of mine and Stef's respectively) could be out of business? A quick Google search confirmed my fear. From the Chicago Sun-Times;


Bennigan's Grill & Tavern restaurants across the U.S. were closed Tuesday, surprising both customers and employees of corporate-owned stores.

The Irish-themed chain and its sister company Steak & Ale on Tuesday filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection in the Eastern District of Texas.

No! No! No! No!

Wow. Luckily for me, at least for the time being, my local Bennigan's will remain open. So I can still order my favorite meal, one which I rarely finish in one sitting these days. Nothing beats fried turkey, ham and cheese dipped in raspberry sauce with a side of fries and complimented with a Coca-Cola in a green cup.


To Bennigan's!

Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP