Analyzing a John McCain Ad

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

I don't usually blog about my political views and I always try to preface anything like this by saying that I do not care who you vote for, but that I urge people to get informed and to vote for what best represents their views and beliefs.

Having said that, let's take a look at one of the latest John McCain ad to cause a stir among Barack Obama supporters.



Below is my random stream of conscious...
  • Isn't the president supposed to be symbolic representative of our country?
  • Call me silly, but I think I want my president to have no fear and be confident in himself (or herself)
  • Yes, I agree that sometimes Obama can get a little weird with the things he says, and I will say I am not a fan of his whole "a light will shine down... and you will say to yourself 'I have to vote for Barack'".
  • Did McCain really just compare Obama to Moses? I'm no religious zealot, but is that a bad thing?
  • I think Obama is an easy target for criticism because of his age, but age should have nothing to do with anything. I mean, didn't anybody see what Theo Epstein did with the Boston Red Sox, or what Shawn Fanning did to the online music scene, or what John F. Kennedy did for America? Note: Obama is three years younger than Kennedy was when took office.
Here is another...



Stream of conscious...
  • Bigger than Oprah?
  • I don't know much about gasoline but haven't we always been pretty big importers of oil? Maybe we're using more these days, but that doesn't explain why gas is twice as expensive than it was ten years ago. To single Obama out on that is a moot point because nobody else did anything about it either.
  • Are we really comparing Barack Obama with Britney Spears and Paris Hilton? Surely the McCain campaign doesn't think anyone takes this comparison seriously, right?
  • Right?

Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP