Congratulations Jamie Moyer!

Monday, June 01, 2009


I attended yesterday's Phillies game to see Jamie Moyer finally reach 250 career wins. It took him six tries but he finally did it. Moyer is a class act and despite some of his struggles this season he has continued to take the high road and keep everything in perspective. You don't find pitchers with his kind of mentality in baseball these days.

Ironically this was the second time I saw Moyer go for the milestone in the span of a week, as he also pitched on Memorial Day.

Chris Coste hit a solo home run and Shane Victorino scored a run on an appeal in the first inning. As for the Nationals, well, they need help on defense.

I would like to thank Dan Levy and Nick Tarnowki, the voices behind my favorite podcast, On the DL. I was invited to a a Phillies game and offered a free beer, soft pretzels and peanuts in addition to some high quality baseball (and blogging and social networking) conversation. If you are looking for a daily podcast covering sports media, pop culture, and just about anything else Philadelphia related, then be sure to check out On the DL. You can find them on iTunes or just check it out on their website, like I do. I also got a chance to meet Mike Meech, who is the brain behind The Fightins and many of the great Phillies t-shirts.

It was a great day for baseball, but it took me two hours to get home from the game. I actually was stuck in traffic at the Wachovia sports complex for an hour! I called Stef at 4:29pm to say I was heading home. At 5:17pm I finally made my way on to Broad Street. My secret parking spot is now a hot spot it seems.

Below is a slide show of the photos I took at the game.



You can view the album here.

Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP