Chicago Documentary: Part I

Wednesday, December 03, 2008



Chicago is my heaviest influence when it comes to music. It is the first real band I started to listen too and became a fan of. Perhaps it is because I play trombone and James Pankow's style is one I wanted to mold myself after.

I love how in the beginning we are given the thought that if Bach were alive at the time that Chicago is the band he'd be playing in and Beethoven would be writing music for them. Bold statements for sure seeing as Bach and Beethoven are among the highest musical intellectuals ever. They were never quite the Beatles or Rolling Stones but Chicago is in that upper tier as well.

I am not as much of a fan of the 1980's Chicago, or the post Terry Kath era, but I could still listen to this band any day of the week and twice on Sunday...or perhaps Saturday...in the park.

I think it was the fourth of July.

Part two will be up tomorrow so check back!

Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP