Flyers Playoff Coverage

Monday, April 07, 2008



I am excited for the start of the NHL playoffs, which start Friday for the Philadelphia Flyers against the Washington Capitals. I am going to do what I can to cover the playoffs as much as I can. I am not saying I will be posting post game analysis right after the game, but I do intend to jot down my thoughts on each game for you, the reader and share whatever else I may find.

I know that fellow blog William World News will be covering everything from the angle of the Capitals perspective and I advise all Flyers and Caps fans to check it out. Naturally WWN has already mentioned that the Flyers and Capitals have met three times in the playoffs and felt the need to put up a video of interest as far as Capitals fans go.

As for the Flyers side of things...




And of course...


This series should be a good one as both teams come in with some swagger and momentum. The Flyers jumped up to a sixth seed in the final few days and the Capitals, despite a horrid start of the season, clinched the Southeast Division. It is a good thing too because Alex Ovechkin is a player that every hockey fan should have an opportunity to see in the playoffs. Personally I enjoy watching him more than Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins.


We'll get more in depth as the series draws closer.

Here is a run down of the playoff schedule for the opening round;
April 11 - Game One @ Capitals (7pm)
April 13 - Game Two @ Capitals (2pm)
April 15 - Game Three @ Flyers (7pm)
April 17 - Game Four @ Flyers (7pm)
April 19 - Game Five @ Capitals (1pm)*
April 21 - Game Six @ Flyers (TBD)*
April 22 - Game Seven @ Capitals (TBD)*


* = if necessary

Folks, the Stanley Cup playoffs are the best playoffs available in all of sports. If you have been away from hockey for a while, now is the time to get reconnected. All are welcome a Broad and Pattison!

News links
A Brief Introduction to the Philadelphia Flyers - Live PR
Caps to Face Flyers - Most Valuable Network
Flyers Open Playoffs Friday vs. Capitals - Comcast Sportsnet (Philly)
Team Eyes Playoff Series vs. Capitals - Cherry Hill Courier Post
Caps Go Back to Start - Washington Post

Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP