Flyers Playoff Coverage - Game Seven Open Thread

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Game 7

Oh boy. Here we go with game seven, the most exciting game in all of hockey playoffs. It's a shame for the Flyers to be in this situation as they just have not been able to seal the deal against these feisty and persistent Capitals. Give credit to Washington for overcoming the true sense of adversity. Down 2-0 to the Flyers in Philadelphia last night the Capitals scored four unanswered goals to win 4-2 and force the win or go home game.

At this point I have little faith in the Flyers' chances. I have seen this before. The Flyers have to put together a complete game,, something they have done only twice in this series despite having three wins. What scares me now is the Flyers may have more veterans, but they do not appear to have the same energy as the Capitals, and now playing in back to back nights after a demoralizing loss at home, I fear this game could get ugly tonight.

What bothers me most is Martin Biron's awful track record in back-to-back games this season. I do not know his record off hand but it is not good. He played well last night (I don't fault him for at least 3 of the Capitals' goals) but he will have to be stellar tonight.

My heart always says to pick the Flyers, but given the situation and the circumstances, I have to say the Capitals win tonight.

Hope I am wrong.

As always, this is an open thread so it may or may not get updated as the day rolls along with video clips and news stories. Feel free to dump comments in the comments section.

News links
Caps host Flyers in Game seven, try to complete comeback - Canada.com
Flyers - Capitals preview - ESPN
Five Things We Learned - ESPN
Mikael Renberg retires - The Canadian Press
Caps continue show how to become fans darling - Baltimore Sun
Semin gives Caps momentum - Fox Sports

Blog Archive

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP