Introducing ClustrMaps!

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I'd like to announce a new and exciting feature to my blog...well, as exciting as a feature on a blog can be I suppose. It's not exactly like I'm holding you on the edge of your desk chair as the anticipation and eagerness overfills your body with excitement. Right? If you said yes, you need to find yourself a hobby! If not, then read on.

It's called ClustrMaps. You can see mine on the right hand side at the bottom of the links box. Simply put it is another adaptation of the hit counter. This one actually tracks your readers or profile viewers on a map of the world, thus giving you a chance to see where your readers are. This is a neat idea for those of you who want to see what kind of audience you have. Do most of your profile or blog readers come from your local area or are you somehow branching out to unknown people all over the globe? Each view is denoted by a red circle on the map. I believe the dots can get bigger if a certain number of people from one area access your page, but I admit there are still some features I need to brush up on.

The widget is clean and does not pollute your site. There are four different HTML codes offered so you can pick the thumbnail you like best to add to your page. There is also a "plus" version as well as a "pro" version (in development) which give you access to some extra features such as zooming in on a map, customization of a map, and the removal of the small ads. The small text ads do not offend me so I guess I'll stick with the free beta version and give it a whirl.

So, now that I can track where you are (so to speak) why not leave a comment in the comment section and introduce yourself and say where you are reading this from? Or not, the choice is yours ultimately.

Here are the rest of the maps that are offered, using this site to track visitors:
Recommended HTML code
Locations of visitors to this page


Simple



Advanced - true WC3 XHTML 1.1 validation
Locations of visitors to this page



Minimalist

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP