Another Pet Peeve

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Continuing on my "Stupid People" theme this morning...

A movie was recently being shot in West Chester and I suppose some parts were filmed on the campus of West Chester University. Here is a pet peeve of mine that I would like to see stopped immediately on the national scale because I have seen it on more than one occasion.

It is not West Chester State. It is West Chester University. It is not Shippensburg State. It is Shippensburg University. It is not Bloomsburg State. It is Bloomsburg University.

I do not believe any of the schools in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education are referred to as State anymore, but they are all University. If you are making your schedules for sports or doing stories for the news, please make note that update. In the past week I have seen WCU and Ship referred to as State in a sports schedule, and just this morning I heard WCU referred to as West Chester State.

Thanks for listening!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP