When it Rains...

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Flyers just finished off the absolute worst season in the franchise's history, scoring the fewest point total in the standings in the NHL by a landslide. So you would think the momentum would swing when they pick first in the NHL draft and start to regroup for a playoff run next year, right?

Wrong, thanks to the NHL draft. Having the second pick is still alright I suppose, it is just a matter what they do with it.

I don't know hockey prospects too well (does anybody?) but if I were the Flyers, my first inclination would be to get a speedy center with the ability to set up his wing men on the go who also possesses a powerful slap shot. My second thought would be to look over the goalie prospects out there and see if anyone would fit the mold of a franchise goalie for years to come (ala Ron Hextall). I get tired of seeing a revolving door of goalies every other year with this club. I haven't look it up, but I'm guessing the Flyers have had just about 20 different goalies in the time Martin Brodeur has been in net in the Meadowlands.

It would be nice to have one guy be the guy for once.


-----------------------------------------------
Side-note: Kudos to the NFL for suspending Adam "Pacman" Jones for the entire 2007 season. The league does not need problem guys polluting the headlines on their watch and it is about time they take a stand against thugs and punks like Jones.

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP