And the Temperature is Rising

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Despite the recent Nor Easter weather issues, the temperature inside the Phillies club house has got to be rising to a boil now. After Charlie Manuel's widely publicized spat with WIP radio personality Howard Eskin, all the signs are leading more and more to a move that is looking long overdue; Charlie Manuel being fired.

I want to see things start heading in the right direction for the Phills, no doubt about that. I love baseball and have always been a huge Phillies fan. Seeing the things that go on with this club never cease to amaze and often confuse me. Today's move was to move Brett Myers to the bullpen. I appreciate the team player in Myers being able to look at the decision as a good thing for himself and the team (take notes John Lieber). Coincidentally enough, it is Lieber, who was not soft spoken about his move to the bullpen, who will be moved to the starting rotation. I'm not sure what to make of this. Myers definitely gives the bullpen some more reliable oomph, but I thought Myers was widely recognized as the top guy in the rotation. Sure, his last pair of outings weren't great, but if you're going to go into a season with a guy as your top arm, why even attempt to switch things up and move him to the bullpen. It's not exactly like we're talking about John Smoltz here. If nothing else, general manager Pat Gillick should see this as a desperate cry for bullpen help.

I mean, if he's not blinded by his hula shirts' bright colors in Toronto.

------------------------------------
So, I started golf lessons last week and have completed two lessons thus far. I must say that already I have a much better appreciation for the game of golf. My instructor, a certified PGA coach nonetheless, has drilled me on my stance and extending my arms. During my second lesson I was much more consistent with making contact with the ball (something I was dreadful with my first lesson).

I'm by no means ready to go out on a course and play 18 holes of course, but I do find myself enjoying the progress I've made. I'm hooking a lot of balls off to my left right now, so I definitely need to work on extension and my follow through.

If anybody has any pointers, let me know!


Coming up in tomorrow's Blog post; the pre-draft Eagles game by game predictions!

Statistics Tracked By

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, modified by Kevin McGuire.

Back to TOP